Controller suddenly not working in pSX

clovett96

I switched to pSX (v1.13) over epsxe due to the latter not being able to recognize my Dualshock 4 controller, which the former identified seamlessly. I was able to to configure all of my controls in pSX, and everything worked perfectly fine, until I closed the program and my laptop to run some errands. Upon returning, pSX was no longer recognizing my inputs, not even to configure the controller in the options.

My Dualshock controller is being recognized correctly by my PC however, and works flawlessly emulating everything else other than the PS1. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for? I didn't change any configuration options in between closing my PC and returning home later, so I'm confused as to how it would suddenly be having issues after working completely fine just an hour before.

Any help at all is appreciated

EDIT: After letting it sit for a few minutes, the controller suddenly started working again and is back to normal. Is there an issue with the controller itself, maybe?

Last edited:

ersanzop

Hi, I recently upgraded to the latest version of RetroPie and suddenly Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 are not working anymore. I can only exit the game by pressing START + SELECT. Crash Team Racing works flawlessly, though. I've already read this topic but nothing suggested seems to work and I don't have access to a working retroarch-core-options.cfg file. I changed all pad types to dualshock but the problem persists. No error/autoconfig messages appear on my screen. What should I do? It worked out of the box before the update, I didn't even need to configure anything besides my controller... techzpod mobdro download

Last edited:

kumar

Here are some possible causes, according to Asurion Experts: The controller's battery is dead. The controller was recently paired with another device, like a different PS4 or PC. The controller is too far from your PlayStation and is no longer connected via Bluetooth®.

watch stories

cc generator

Last edited: