ColEm: ColecoVision - Use Dpad instead of Analog Xbox 360

Kaega2

Hello Everyone.

I sometimes run into this problem with games, and emulators, where if the game/emulator doesn't allow the remapping of the directional inputs it defaults them to my analog stick on my controller. It seems to me to be because on my controller the analog is considered the axis and the dpad is considered a point of view HAT.

I'm using a Mayfair adapter connecting my WiiU Classic controller to my PC. My computer sees it as an XBOX 360 controller. I've run into this problem in a few games but right now I'm trying to fix it in ColEm, a ColecoVision emulator. There are a few crude work arounds I have found in the past I would like not to use here, because I'm trying to launch the emulator through LaunchBox/BigBox.

I have been able to get this working by remapping the buttons through Joy2key or steam, but I don't know a way to do that with this emulator through Launchbox. I did try 360ce, but the changes don't seem to be recognized by the emulator.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Kaega2

If someone knows another emulator that would let me easily remap my buttons, that would be cool too.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Save yourself a worl of trouble and get the bliss-box adapter. Yes it's not cheep but for what you get it's a steel. I'm suggesting this because of the analog to digital and digital to analog modes. No matter how the emulators wants it, you can swap the output signals and the emulators will not know what hit it. You can even swap analog to digital in game!

Last edited:

Kaega2

Thanks for the reply.

I don't really care for that solution, but it's something to keep in mind. It's so hard to believe there's not an easy software solution for this.

Thanks again

KAISY

Thanks for the reply.

I don't really care for that solution, but it's something to Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l keep in mind. It's so hard to believe there's not an easy software solution for this.

Thanks again

I have been able to get this working by remapping the buttons through Joy2key or steam, but I don't know a way to do that with this emulator through Launchbox. I did try 360ce, but the changes don't seem to be recognized by the emulator.

Last edited: