When new emulators will be aded ?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
As for adding, just inform in the new content form.

as for removing, no that will never happen. We are not here to promote or give special attention to the new and exciting. We are all emulation and although it may seem irrelevant to you, many of us still use the older emulators for our own reasons.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
puNES and halfnes were on the site but not any more. Can't say why right now, sorry, as I do not have an answer as to why.

As for removal "old and crappy" is not always a good reason to remove things.

bansheexyz

FYI, the author of bsnes and higan passed away this year. Before he died, he changed higan's name to ares and put it under a more open license. Ares has several new cores higan doesn't like Colecovision, NGPC, PCE, PS1, and N64. Ares is still in active development https://github.com/ares-emulator/ares

I realize the site hasn't been updated since the pandemic hit, but would be nice if an admin could replace all the higan entries with ares so that more people can discover it exists. Emulator-zone still tops many google search results for emulation.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I will have a look at that as soon as I can, thanks for pointing out. I was aware of Near / Byuu's passing.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
You forget that Retroarch is not an exactly an emulator, it's more of a "platform". It needs actual emulators to be ported and serve as "cores" in it.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Just writing this to let you know that I know there are many newer emulators missing on the site. I'm currently working on a new version of the site (design-wise still somewhat similar, but the backend is new). Converting all pages is taking a huge amount of time.

I can't make promises on when the new site will go live, but my intention is "as soon as possible", when it is ready that is.