Emulator Problem: Question about NEStopia and Game Genie codes

Rew

Hi. It's my first time using NEStopia. I figured out how to get Game Genie codes to work, but now what I want to know is, how do I turn a Game Genie code OFF? I have the code entered under "Temporary Codes," but even if I uncheck the box or delete the code entirely, it's still in effect when I return to the game. How do I turn it off and on at will? (There are certain parts of the game when I want the code in effect and other parts where I want to play normally.)

pix07

button delete in emulator do not work ?
you select cheat code then delete.

Rew

button delete in emulator do not work ?
you select cheat code then delete.

I did that. I unchecked the box, but the cheat code was still active. I went in and deleted it entirely, and still the cheat code remained active.

What's weirder is that if I closed out of NEStopia altogether, then started the game again (from a save state), the Game Genie code wouldn't be showing at all, but in gameplay the code was still working. I have no idea why, nor do I know how to turn it off.

Is my NEStopia messed up somehow?

pix07

write which version you are using there is :
1.40 oldest, 1.41 (unoficial), 1.42 etc..
latest is undead edition(UE) : 1.48.
sonds like bug of emulator .

Last edited:

Rew

write which version you are using there is :
1.40 oldest, 1.41 (unoficial)
latest is undead edition(UE) : 1.48.
sonds like bug of emulator .

Mine is 1.40. Should I try 1.41 or 1.48, even though they're not final yet?

pix07

switch to latest relase.

Rew

Now I'm getting a "d3dx9_43.dll was not found" error message after downloading NEStopia 1.48 and trying to open it. Great. :/

EDIT: OK, I had to re-download DirectX for Microsoft and that enabled me to start up NEStopia 1.48. But I still have the same problem--even in 1.48, the cheat code won't deactivate, ever.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited: