FCEUX - Slow initial launch directly to fullscreen

GrethTom

Hi all, I’m using FCEUX (2.2.3) for my NES emulation and it works really well. The only small headache I have is when I launch FCEUX with a Rom and can take a variable amount of time to launch (1 to 15 seconds). I’ve set it up to go straight into Fullscreen mode so it’s ready to play and during the initialisation phase, the screen is blank and I get the Windows 10 spinning ring (egg timer) style icon. I tried it both on my gaming machine and laptop and has the same symptoms. The two devices are using different gtx cards manufacturers and the only two similarities are they are running FCEUX and Windows 10. This is the only app that gets this issue. Anyone got any ideas or potential other options for NES emulators?

pix07

try nestopia Undead Edition(UE) if also will be slow its mean bug is by your side (windows10) so far best OS for gaming which work is windows7.

GrethTom

Thanks for the advice pix07, I tried Nestopia UE and didn’t have the slow loading however I couldn’t make the screen be filled by the emulator in fullscreen so decided to stick with FCEUX even with the slow loading issue.