Thread: So, who has upgraded to Raspberry Pi Zero? Worth the hype?

Default So, who has upgraded to Raspberry Pi Zero? Worth the hype?

I've read a lot about the RPZ lately, and I must say, it does sound very cool. I only just got my head around the normal RP, but since hearing about this, I feel compelled to check it out. Has anyone been toying around with it and made some exciting projects? Wanna know about it!

Blog Entries

Default Re: So, who has upgraded to Raspberry Pi Zero? Worth the hype?

The Pi Zero W has a 1 core ARMv6 at 1GHz The Pi3B has a quad-core Cortex-A53 ARMv8-A at 1.2GHz

The Pi Zero with 512MB of RAM pi3b with 1GB of RAM.

The Pi Zero W has a single micro USB port
    The Pi3B has 4 full sized USB-A

The Pi3B also has a 10/100 Ethernet connector.
    The Pi Zero W does not and has no on-board overvoltage protection like the pi3b.

The Pi3B has the GPIO header installed at the factory. The Pi Zero W does not.

Not sure any of that matters a lot in emulation but they are the point to consider. I'd worry about the ram and maybe the lack of cores but have no idea what the emulators require.

The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ came out on the 14th this moth. Looks the best option for $35 right now.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; March 15th, 2018 at 13:47.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Default Re: So, who has upgraded to Raspberry Pi Zero? Worth the hype?

Yeah, I just love the fact that it is smaller and lighter, meaning it can power more projects which require a tiny CPU. I really feel like the RPZ can outsell the original, simply because of the amount of amazing projects we're already seeing it used for: https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide...ting-projects/

I mean, drones, skateboards, automated gardening tools... the list goes on and quite frankly, I love the amount of creative freedom that the RPZ brings. Will it get even smaller and lighter one day? Hopefully.

Thread Information