Thread: Smart speaker/home assistant?

Default Smart speaker/home assistant?

These little things look so cool and do a lot of useful things... but are they just a fad? We've lived without smart speakers for a long time, so I'm wondering if anyone bought one and doesn't use it anymore, or if they can't live without it now? :P

Default Re: Smart speaker/home assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by atthegates View Post
    These little things look so cool and do a lot of useful things... but are they just a fad? We've lived without smart speakers for a long time, so I'm wondering if anyone bought one and doesn't use it anymore, or if they can't live without it now? :P
    Thinking of getting either an Alexa or a Google Assistant.

I've never had one and at the moment don't see a use for it... I just google something on my phone instead...
    The Meaning of Life is finding an answer to this question

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtaru View Post
    I've never had one and at the moment don't see a use for it... I just google something on my phone instead...
    I second that.

I'm not sure how Alexa or echo makes a big difference from Google or Siri.
    However, in the future, they'll be part of any electronic appliances so you can feel their presence in the bathroom heater, fridge, oven, etc and even in automobiles too.
    So its worth to wait for it unless you don't have a necessity to buy a smart speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by mediator_ram View Post
    I'm not sure how Alexa or echo makes a big difference from Google or Siri.
    However, in the future, they'll be part of any electronic appliances so you can feel their presence in the bathroom heater, fridge, oven, etc and even in automobiles too.
    So its worth to wait for it unless you don't have a necessity to buy a smart speaker.
    The future is already here, mon ami what you are talking about is partially realized in modern gadgets through cloud technologies like the ones provided by https://voximplant.com have a look at this video, it's worth watching it )

Thread Information