Smart speaker/home assistant?

atthegates

These little things look so cool and do a lot of useful things... but are they just a fad? We've lived without smart speakers for a long time, so I'm wondering if anyone bought one and doesn't use it anymore, or if they can't live without it now? :p

Steele32

These little things look so cool and do a lot of useful things... but are they just a fad? We've lived without smart speakers for a long time, so I'm wondering if anyone bought one and doesn't use it anymore, or if they can't live without it now? :p

Thinking of getting either an Alexa or a Google Assistant.

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
I've never had one and at the moment don't see a use for it... I just google something on my phone instead...

mediator_ram

I'm not sure how Alexa or echo makes a big difference from Google or Siri.
However, in the future, they'll be part of any electronic appliances so you can feel their presence in the bathroom heater, fridge, oven, etc and even in automobiles too.
So its worth to wait for it unless you don't have a necessity to buy a smart speaker.

powelltilly

I've also found it really useful for setting reminders and making shopping lists. At first, I wasn't sure if I would use it enough to justify the cost but now I can't imagine going back to life without it.
I do know people who have bought one and then let it gather dust. It just depends on how you like to live and if you're someone who enjoys having technology at your fingertips. If you're on the fence, I'd recommend checking out some reviews and maybe even trying one out in person at a store.
If you're interested in tech and smart home stuff, be sure to check out https://multitechverse.com/! They might help you choose the right equipment.

Last edited: