ePSXe to run faster!

MFXX

Hi.
I wanted to enjoy that old but gold games I played as a kid, and now I have a decent laptop, so...

I downloaded ePSXe last version (2.0.5). Tried wth Crash Team Racing but it was very slow. I overlocked the CPU to x4 on the Options menu in the emulator.
At that moment game was at perfect 60FPS, so I went for the maximum graphics options. Still at 60PFS.

Later, I did some changes on graphics settings and game started to have some 30-40FPS jumps (usually at 60, but the jumps were very often). I went for the "fastest button option" and tried another games. Here´s the trouble.

Crash Bash and Pepsiman were way too slow, at 40 FPS always, and with a shitty sound (like if games were running at 60%-70% normal speed).

I have tried a lot of things but nothing seems to help. (CTR runs perfectly even with that Fastest option, but it doesn´t Cash Bash and Pesiman).

I´m using Pete OpenGL 2 with all at fastest possible (I´m pretty sure my PC can run at high with 60FPS as it did with CTR) but is just anoying to play like that.

What can I do?

PD: As I said, I put fastest possible option and it´s slow, but if I change to Very high resolution both in X and Y run exactly the same. (What I mean is that I think I can run at very high, as it doesn´t go slower or faster to go at native or ultra high.