Emulator Problem: MAME, RetroArch and Maximus Arcade

eurekabeacon

Hey all,
I'm attempting to set up an arcade PC with RetroArch as the back-end and Maximus Arcade as the front-end. I have had great success with many of the different console emulators (any Nintendo, Sega, Sony consoles), but I cannot seem to get MAME working. I am using the 0.190 rom set. I can see all of the games in Maximus Arcade, but when I run them, it shows that all of the files required are missing ('filename.bin NOT FOUND' for all files in the zip, then finally 'Required files are missing, the game cannot be run' in the RetroArch logs). I've tried unzipping all of the files into folders, but then Maximus Arcade won't detect them, even if I set it to scan in subfolders. The strange part is that if I run the command via the command line, the games launch properly. I'm wondering if Maximus is doing something screwy when launching the games, assuming that I'm running them with the MAME executable. Here are the settings I'm using for Maximus:
Executable: D:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
Media (roms): D:\MAME\roms
Command Line: -L "D:\RetroArch\cores\mame2014_libretro.dll" "%file"
Window State: normal
Path to media: long

Anyone else get a similar setup working before? Any ideas?

FlightRisk

If you are trying to launch the roms with RetroArch, you first have to have the correct roms. You are using a mame core that requires .159 roms and you are using .190 roms. Have you installed the correct core in RA? Have you tried to run the roms directly from RetroArch? Run RetroArch, select "load a core", select the core you want and then launch the rom. Not sure what your exact command line is that is working. Make sure RA is working first, then get a front end running with RA. Never unzip your roms. I put all my MAME and other Arcade roms in the "Arcade" folder. You can also put them in the \roms\mame-libretro folder. Not sure how I would set it up to put the roms in any folder. Have you looked here:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/MAME#lr-mame2014-mame-2014