psx works perfectly, but no fullscreen. With epsxe graphics are wobbly.

bras

On my laptop, anyway. I'm trying to play FF9.

psx emulates it perfectly, but if I play it fullscreen it distorts the image to ajust it to the monitor's size. There's no selectable aspect ratio that really fixes this. I would rather play it with the usual black bars on the sides, but otherwise fullscreen, than either 1) totally fullscreen but with a distorted aspect ratio or 2) on a box stretched as wide as possible, which is not much, image is kinda small, and with my desktop icons and wallpaper visible on the sides... The second option is not so bad, but playing if fullscreen on epsxe is much more satisfying.

Except that with epsxe I get the wobbliness. You know when you run through the street in one of the first pre-rendered scenes, the medieval looking street, and the camera follows you and pans across the street as you run up? Well, the whole image, the rooftops, the street, everything, it just wobbles like crazy. I have tried different versions of epsxe and different video plugins, both helped a bit in some cases, I have even tried different bios, which seems to have some effect on this issue. But none of the results were very satisfactory, there's always some kind of wobbliness going on.

Which is funny because there's none of the wobbliness, zero, when I play it on psx.

Here are my laptop's settings:

u63oLmD.png

My graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500.

If anyone has any tips I'd be grateful.