Emulator newbie needing some advice on hardware/software please help

SmithyEmu

Hello, Emulator Zone forum thanks for the add.

I was having a random session of watching tech videos on Youtube and I came across these emulators and the fact you can pull up all the old games and play them. I think this is awesome and I'm trying to look into getting myself set up. In my research, I have found that emulators will work on PC's and things like the RaspberryPi (not that I really know what that is either) but I haven't found out how to download these emulators and them running.

So, First off where can I find the emulators to download? are there many to choose from? and which is the best in your opinion? Then is it better to run an Emulator on my computer or a Pi? and why? I understand there is a lot of question and I do apologize but I feel like a kid again and really want to get stuck in gaming.

Looking forward to some replies
Thanks
F1HK0GJG0KQK4ZJ.MEDIUM.jpg

pix07

Last edited:

EmulatorLowdown

EmulatorLowdown.com
Welcome bro,

I have a friend who used a i5 4GB RAM Old HP Laptop.

He was able to get working...

Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2

So yeah, there are many emulators to choose from and his laptop is nothing special by any means but still plays games from these systems. He would plug the laptop into my TV and since its a laptop he could play it anywhere like a Nintendo Switch.

If you check google there is many sites such as emuparadise / coolroms to get emulators or games from.

Raspberry Pi is basically a self-built mini PC that plays emulators and nothing else. They are awesome but I think are more suited to techies.

kturner

Most of the emulators I use run just fine on my old xp machine. Nes, Snes, Genesis, N64, Atari 2600. I think its only like a 2GHz processor. It don't take much If your childhood was in the 80s and 90s.