Emulation on Wii

scubachef11

Hey guys. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

About 5 or so years ago I came across a random Craigslist ad offering installation of multiple games on the Wii. I gave him my drive and a few days later picked it up with games installed.

The external drive attached to the Wii right now has WiiFlow, WiiFlow Starnight, USB Loader GX, The Homebrew Channel, GCBL and Neogamma Channel.

The USB Loader is the main program (?) we use that has a library of Wii games (ROMs) with about half of them working properly. WiiFlow seems to just be another visual option of picking games.

Priiloader, WiiMednafen and Snes9xGX are accessible through Homebrew Channel. The 2 latter seem to be NES and SNES emulators respectively with lots (all?) of games (ROMs) on them.

How can I go about assembling emulators and ROMs on this external drive so that I can compile a complete library of Nintendo games from NES to Wii? How can I go about fixing or replacing some of the ROMs already installed? Would there be ways to jerry rig an N64 controller to work with the Wii? SNES?

I have a Wii U and plan to buy a Switch for my sons birthday so it would be great to work towards a complete Nintendo library so I can share some memories with my son and he can see/play all the games I used to play. Genesis would be an added bonus. The Wii seems to be a great format to emulate to TV so I'd love to maximize the experience for him. I'm familiar with running emulators on the PC - but nothing really beats sitting in front of a TV (and I don't really feel like moving the PC into the living room)

These days I am so out of the loop with torrenting (never got invited to any of the cool private networks after Demonoid went down :( ) and I've always had trouble with getting emulation to work properly so any and all help would be super appreciated. Doing this would help make reliving memories easier in contrast to hunting down games and systems at garage sales....

(Reposting this here from reddit as I am apparently not allowed to ask for advice about "pirating". Hopefully not breaking the same rules here....)