Which is most powerful for emulation - Xbox original, or Pi 3?

ventophile

I think most systems (Wii etc) can emulate Snes and Genesis perfectly, but which system has the most power to emulate PS1 / Amiga / ST games?

I can't find any information online about which system has the most "grunt" - Pi 3, or original Xbox.

Another Q: If I want to play Amiga / ST games, or emulate them as computers, would a Pi be better because I can use a USB keyboard - or can I use a USB keyboard with the Amiga/ST emulators on an Xbox too?

Thanks!

pix07

Xbox of course Pi is only a toy.
Im never hear about xbox use keybord. answer is simple no.
Why ? because xbox design is similiar to middle computers and pi is low end.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Go for the Pi. Games up to PS1 should be fine as well as amiga/atari ST. Also, you can connect a keyboard with a wireless adapter or bluetooth. That will let you play any system that requires a keyboard input like the ones you mentioned.

Now, you can go for the xbox one but keep in mind that emulation will only work in "developer mode" and it is a more closed platform so microsoft can break things whenever they feel like it.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
My vote is for Pi, Xbox is stronger but Pi does a great job up to n64. And you can use rasbin with emulation station and its a one click setup. Also if anything goes wrong its just a sd reload and your back up. You also can config it do do other things very easily as it is a OS and intended to be one, not just a hack. I think an Xbox is over sized and pron to heat issues. It had it's run but the Pi is better IMO.