Emulator Problem: Higan 1.04 - No Sound, No Controls (XBOX 360 Controller)

Flo

Hello everyone!

Iv'e search all around the web and couldn't find a solution to these problems, so i hope someone could help me here.
I would really love to use this emulator because it combines many systems in one and has overall really good accuracy.

First of all, the games are emulated fine. When i choose a Rom, the game starts and runs normally. However, there is absolutely no sound. I've kept the settings as default because these seem to be the best ones anyway, according from people in other forums.

Next problem is that the controlls don't work. It detects my 360 controller, i can change the input for it in the settings, but it doesn't work at all while the game runs, which highly confuses me.

I tried to run Higan also as an Administrator, but it didn't made a single difference. If anyone has a solution for this, please help me out.

My system specs are:
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 6700k
Nvidia GTX 1080
32 GB RAM
1T SSD Samsung
750 Watts Powersupply

Cheers!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Higan is really just for SNES, all games should run %100, and I'm not being facetious. The emulator was made to run SNES game perfectly. That was its mission. It was not designed to be a great nes emulator or GBx. It does run those games but not well. So if the sound issue is not a SNES game, that maybe why.

360 controller are not HID, they will not work. If you want to use those things, get x360ce. That will convert xinput to dx so it is a HID.