motherboard out?

kturner

My son threw a ball and hit my arcade and it died. I put my hard drive in another PC and it was dead. I put a new board on the hard drive and it started working but had windows startup problems. I put it back in my arcade and now the power supply and case fan will come on and go off but I get nothing from the CPU fan and it doesn't even try to boot. I have also switched out power supply's with same results.

pix07

something can be damaged like : capacitors or transistors the most damaged must be hdd becouse their max durability is 3g (gravity)
many things can be broken silicon is weak against gravity can be broken easily
check if something not broken pc cooler which was hit by ball (im think baseball ball you not say it but baseball is favorite sport of usa)
mass with adition of speed cause damage silicon better try other motherboard
with other cpu i cant help if its damaged but i will try if you have other cpu change it on motherboarf if hdd not damaged change OS

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I put it back in my arcade and now the power supply and case fan will come on and go off but I get nothing from the CPU fan and it doesn't even try to boot.
- This is what some refer to as the power supply crow-baring. The PSU has decided there is an over voltage in your rig and is shutting down to prevent damage. 99% of the time this happens, is because of a connector.

example.
IDE HD ribbon cable backwards.
lose memory,
lose CPU
Lose VGA card

Very easy to fix, start unplugging things until it attempts a boot. Do things one at a time so you know what component cause the issue.

The ball prolly just jarred something loose. HD seems good, you're ok.

Last edited:

kturner

Thanks for the help. The ball was really light plastic with a rattle inside of it. He is only 10 months old. It didn't hit very hard. It actually hit the plexie glass in front of the monitor. The motherboard was inside the arcade. What I don't get is how it fried the pc board on the hard drive. I tried last night to unplug and replug everything but it didn't seem to help. I'll try again tonight.

GASIYAT

Banned
something can be damaged like : capacitors or transistors the most damaged must be hdd becouse their max durability is 3g (gravity)
many things can be broken silicon is weak against gravity can be broken easily
check if something not broken pc cooler which was hit by ball (im think baseball ball you not say it but baseball is favorite sport of usa)
mass with adition of speed cause damage silicon better try other motherboard
with other cpu i cant help if filezilla uc browser rufus its damaged but i will try if you have other cpu change it on motherboarf if hdd not damaged change OS

the power supply and case fan will come on and go off but I get nothing from the CPU fan and it doesn't even try to boot. I have also switched out power supply's with same results.

Last edited: