Best Way to pair ps3 controller with game profiles for emus

therock003

I paired the controller on my desktop with scp, but i need a less invasive option that does not make exclusive use with the bluetooth dongle as i want to be able to use it with other things as well. I would also like to be able to use mappings, and having it show as a native xbox controller, emulator plugins make a one time button mapping and i cannot use profiles. What is my best option would you say

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Pairing is sort of a pain... if you like ps3, then just get a ps2 controller. As far as the games go, its the same thing but corded. If you want to force hid to do xbox you need that x360ce thing. This is not fun... Better to use a real 360 controller.

The easiest thing to pair is the joycon from the switch. It already has a built in driver that make the set up very easy. All depends on what you are looking for really. I use a 4-play adapter and use it with all my old cored controllers.

If your need is the ps3, the best option is the corded usb version. No pairing needed but making it show as 360, not as easy.

therock003

Pairing is sort of a pain... if you like ps3, then just get a ps2 controller. As far as the games go, its the same thing but corded. If you want to force hid to do xbox you need that x360ce thing. This is not fun... Better to use a real 360 controller.

The easiest thing to pair is the joycon from the switch. It already has a built in driver that make the set up very easy. All depends on what you are looking for really. I use a 4-play adapter and use it with all my old cored controllers.

If your need is the ps3, the best option is the corded usb version. No pairing needed but making it show as 360, not as easy.

I am looking for options only for my ps3 controller, not wired, and not for other wireless controllers. And i would not like to use it natively, i would like to create mappings of the buttons and then set those buttons inside each emulator

therock003

Honestly i'm a newb so i'd ask for a little more of your patience

-Can i use x360ce with a wireless ps3 controller? I would prefer this a ton more than having a usc bonnection between controller and the PC
-I saw some youtube videos on how this works. It seems you have to paste the .exe inside the games directory, but considering i want to use the ps3 controller with various emulator do i have to paste it into each one's main executable folder directory in order to then proceed to the mappings