Looking for powerful flexible system to run next-gen emulation.

therock003

Since i'm on the road a lot, i am looking for a windows tablet or even small laptop, 10-12" max, with good cpu/gpu ram that will run the latest emus available. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 seems like a good solution but runs highly at 900E. IS there something cheaper or better at that price?

When i say next gen i mean PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii and whatever else may come up on the scene, i need to be able to play it, and have updated hardware that keeps up with upcoming releases.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You may want to steer clear of surface and win8/10. Emulators are not software, they don't all get updates. And if they do it normal is not for OS reasons. At least leave the dual boot for 7 in there. If it's built for emulation, then going with > win7 is unwise as emulators were not built with that OS available. Also a surface may cause a lot of input issue.

This is all conjecture, you may not have these issue. Buying a Chevy truck to get all the bells and whites of off road and luxury will not make a race car but may in fact be fast.

Last edited: