Emulator Problem: SSF Emulator fails to initialize on Win10

FiOth

Hey there people

Once again, I want to express my gratitude for this undertaking. You've given us all the chance to play all these classics without the need to use all the ancient (and often busted) hardware.

Problem analysis: I recently installed Win10 x64 Pro on my PC, which was running Win7 x64 Pro previously. SSF was working flawlessly on those. Now, with Win10 though I cannot initialize the emulator. I am getting a sound-related error along the lines of "XAudio2Create() error." No amount of tinkering seems to help and I've been unable to play around with the .bios since the program won't even start. I know that many people have had success with the emu in the past. Can someone give me a hand?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Emulators unlike software are not updated that often, so a number one rule of thumb is never upgrade your Emulator box. Also most emulators authors stay a way from new stuff for a lot of reasons. Win7 works great, win10 is new but not everyone sees new is good. I for one will avoid 8/10 for as long as I can but that's just me.

Anyways there is a chance someone will figure out a way around this issue, but another emulator will give you troubles on win10 sooner or later. Your best bet is to stick with win7.

That said, If you're looking for a saturn emulator try Yabause. I'm not sure it will work on 10 but it stands a much better chance.

Last edited: