PS4 requirements

kturner

I have a gateway ne56r31 intell b830 4 gb ddr3 memory. Is this enough to run pcsx2 well with windows 10?

pix07

Does it run on 10 ?
10 have no backward compatibility
everything will run better on higher machine
im dont know ps4 emulator
so far only ps3 but not fully emulated
and need i7 and 8gb ram
im dont know how much video memory so im think at least
3gb or more
so you will need high end machine
gateway for me say's nothing post your pc specs
thank you

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think he meant to type ps2?

No an intell b830 is a very slow and old 1.8 ghz Celeron chip. That will hardly run anything on that level. It does have sse4 and a dual core/tread but I do not think it will be playable.

- Very wrong, the i7 only adds the HyperThreading complexly useless for emulation. This is more for video editing. An i3 or i5 is just fine. As a matter of fact if you have a i7, disable Hyperthreading will give you a performance gain. Ironically if you bought a i7, you paid more for an i7 just to get Hyperthreading.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-why-would-hyperthreading-hurt-dolphin-performance
Dolpinh uses lock thread to cores to get around the HT issue.

Last edited:

kturner

I did mean ps2, sorry about the typo. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to save up and get something better. It's a cheap walmart laptop that's about 4 years old.

kturner

Well I pulled out my old desktop with a e7300 2.66ghz and it was pretty slow to. Not that I didn't believe you I was just bored and needed something to do. I upgraded it to a e8500 with 3.61ghz (just for fun, it was only $6.00 so I figured why not) and it is not 100% very playable.