Emulator Problem: Emulators and Windows 10

Nomico

Hi everyone, new here, I just had to upgrade to windows 10 for my Vive, however I got most of my emulators working, without the hyperspin front end, that bumbs me out too... anyway there are three I cannot get working. 3DO, Saturn, and PS1. any help would be great, I have devontools and my sega cd and neo cd and turbo cd all work fine.

Thanks in advance

pix07

._. not again...
read this thread : https://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=25543
for everyone which are lazy :
ulaoulao:

New window os Emulation tips

1) Most emulators are not actively being developed. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
2) Most emulator authors could careless about new windows.Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
3) New windows Os's change policies and drivers, make the emulator have issues. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
4) Lots of emulators depend on old hardware. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
5) Emulators are now like most software, they are job hobby projects. They often times only work on the system they developed it on. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8

Or we could just say one rule really.
Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8

Last edited:

LulaMckee

Oh, thanks for those answer!
I'm too lazy so I wouldn't find them myself...
I appreciate people who help to others even if they are too lazy to help themselves :D

Last edited:

ajfoucault

Hi everyone, new here, I just had to upgrade to windows 10 for my Vive, however I got most of my emulators working, without the hyperspin front end, that bumbs me out too... anyway there are three I cannot get working. 3DO, Saturn, and PS1. any help would be great, I have devontools and my sega cd and neo cd and turbo cd all work fine.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried Retroarch? Times have changed a LOT in the past 10 years (I've been emulating since 1999) and I've noticed that Retroarch cores are the ones that get more actively developed now.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Not to mention RA is OS independent. So for the most part you get what you get regardless of the OS.