Emulator Problem: like to put together an emulator/ needs help

edward david

where can I go on the site with which forums that are interested in the emulator project.
Please Point me in theright direction.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
one is emu.cr other is http://www.emutopia.com/index.php/downloads-emulators
every emulator have source of sourceforge or github its important to know name
im dont know what skills you have but for write emulator you must have great math skills also know convert hex to binary and to octal number systems
at least one programming language also be good ad reverse engeering
know how works gpu,cpu,memory of pc and simulated hadware example how work nes console
there you go in emulation scene to write emulators
other way is beta testing you will know the same but report about errors in code
have github and sourceforge acount is important fix of code is added of course you must know at least GIT and SVN other way to make path is CVS
most popular is C++.C#(c sharp),C most of emulators are write in those because of porting (port mean rewrite code for run on every platform even console)
also those are very easy to fixed and learn a C language is used in microcontrolers Atmel Company
ffmpeg codec is writen in C also nes emulator fakenes compile with Visual Studio or GCC is not important its the same language but code can have few differences
also know doxygen its documentation for source

Dhust

:)
Well, My first "emulator" was the Chip8. It's not a real system, It's an interpreted language, it's very simple and a nice project to start with.
My current project is now a Gameboy emulator called gbx (https://github.com/dhustkoder/gbx).
It already runs many games, I just didn't implemented the sound chip yet.
My advice is: Choose one Chip8/Gameboy/NES, and then search for documentation on the internet.
There are tons of good resource out there.
If you are proficient with some programming language and have basic understanding of how CPU and memory works and interacts, then you should be ready to start.

Last edited:

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
my will be nes i finnaly end C++ so much to do now im ending C (ansi C)
im know algorithms and few libraries im back to say so have fun Dhust my friend Eclipse no no i will use CodeBlocks
im was back to IDE using commands and scripts too crazy even for me
i will back here someday