Emulator Problem: psxfin (pSX) emulator PROBLEM!!

thatnorskchick

HI! Everyone! I hope his forum is much alive then the other emulaotr forums! (Have no luck so far...)

Okay, let's get right to it. I am trying to play Mary Kate & Ashley Winner's Circle using the psxfin (psX) emulator because this is the ONLY PSone emulator that'll run perfectly, smooth and render everything on my little granny system!
Problem is, when I load the .cue file, it'll load passed the splash screen and everything, and load the first "start-up" logo of the game (with the copyright info and stuff) but then it does nothing, it just sits there with a black screen. (Resident Evil does the same thing)

When I tried this game on ePSXe, it works (meaning: after the copyright logo appears, the first movie is suppose to play) but in psxfin, it does not.
Now, all other games work okay with psxfin, expect Winner's Circle and (even Resident Evil). How can I fix this? I tried seeing if it was a bios problem (ripped from my own PSone btw) it wasn't the problem.

The game is in the right format now: It has only 1 .bin file and 1.cue file. Both of which are the exact same name in the exact same location and inside the .cue file, has the correct parameters: (Or so one thinks...)

Code:
FILE "MARY_KATE_AND_ASHLEY_WINNERS_CI.BIN" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 20:50:26
  REM LEAD-OUT 23:52:51

niraj2thane

thatnorskchick

Wow, almost a whole month, I'm surprised I haven't forgotten about this myself!
That link given, doesn't have a download link.

EDIT: Never mind! Found it, and, yeah its the same one I currently have. No change.

Last edited:

Raigeki

Are you still having problems with this, thatnorskchick?

I've been testing out different settings and whatnot for FIN for about a week now and would be happy to help!