Emulator Problem: Controller Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGAMER

Banned
I downloaded NESTopia today and I'm trying to play Super Mario 3. There is no way I can play this on a keyboard. I hooked up my XBOX360 controller. It shows up in the emulator settings, and I have it selected, but it does nothing. I'm hoping I can use a controller to play these games... otherwise I won't be able to play them.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
:eek:hmy: are you dumb or something (im was write last post last time but when i read your words im start thinking you are ill)there is always way to play im whole life play on pegazus(polish clone of famicom AKA Nes) and i in everyemulator use keybord (in nintendo64 and playstation emulators not they use controllers playing is hard sometimes imposible)you are from f*cked up generation ;> kids from 90's was dont have this problem ask ulaoulao and mupen64 they know very well dxinput api (sorry for say it ulaoulao and mupern 64 but im not remember which of you is only engineer) so im know now why americans are so stupid why its simple they cant adopt to other environment just like you wtf man are you really dumb ????
if you cant play becouse you dont know and use such simple thing like keybord is see no future for you
thats all (if my words will be censored its doesent matter forgive me becuse im angry why its simple i hate it those type of dump people DUMB! DUMB! DUMB!)
thank you for reading and one more thing at least try something not only write i cant ! i cant! how you know you tried ??? do you think logically??? thats really all dont do anything just like this user above lets it be a lesson

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
jeruka9-san, don't just go randomly call people dumb. really not cool.

KGAMER, nice reaction mate, REALLY nice. End it now.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
1. Make sure the the controller is plugged in.
2. Start the emulator and go to Options and then select Input.
3. On the top right of the menu it should say "Controller Xbox 360 for windows" (if it does it means the controller is recognized)
4. On the first column make sure "Pad 1" is selected.
5. Under the column that says Mapping there are several buttons, press CLEAR.
6. Now press Set All and you will need to press one by one the buttons on the controller that you want to use. Do it in the order shown in the Key column.

Once the above steps are done you should be able to play. If you want to go back into using a keyboard instead of the controller you will have to do the remap process by pressing keyboard buttons instead of the controller.

If you did everything correctly it should look like in the picture.

1zoj574.jpg

KGAMER

Banned
1. Make sure the the controller is plugged in.
2. Start the emulator and go to Options and then select Input.
3. On the top right of the menu it should say "Controller Xbox 360 for windows" (if it does it means the controller is recognized)
4. On the first column make sure "Pad 1" is selected.
5. Under the column that says Mapping there are several buttons, press CLEAR.
6. Now press Set All and you will need to press one by one the buttons on the controller that you want to use. Do it in the order shown in the Key column.

Once the above steps are done you should be able to play. If you want to go back into using a keyboard instead of the controller you will have to do the remap process by pressing keyboard buttons instead of the controller.

If you did everything correctly it should look like in the picture.

1zoj574.jpg

Thanks it's working now.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Here is how this is going to work.

Permanent ban on KGAMER because I saw what you wrote before you removed it and clearly you can't manage your language.

7 day ban on jeruka9-san with a potential for a permanent later on if you keep this up. Baiting people is not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.