Is there a possible way for a plug and play Snes emulator on a raspberry pi 2?

agagaf

Hello guys, till now I have not worked with emulators or my raspberry pi but I thought it would be very cool to make a SNES out of it but I dont know if its possible in the way I want to do it.
So is there a way to set up a good SNES-emulator on Raspberry pi 2 and connect 2 usb snes game pads to it and then its just like put on the TV grab the gamepad and choose the game you want to play and go?
Or will I have to start the emulator first and then start software for the gamepad via wireless mouse and keyboard every time I put on my tv?

So basicly I want to know if there is a plug and play solution like the new upcoming nes mini classic from nintendo just for the SNES and a raspberry pi 2.

Thank you

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
there is becouse raspberry pi have it in long time ago in raspberry pi kit
multiemulator is called retroarch (multi emulator build in even snes)
if you say raspberry pi 2 as this funny "cellphone" like device im think no
but i must change way of thinking C:
here you go the info : https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3u5xfb/whats_the_best_emulator_for_snes_on_a_raspberry/
and you know now
What's the best emulator for SNES on a Raspberry Pi 2?

submitted 11 months ago by supersaiyancurry

I've done some research and a lot of people say that snes-9x next is the best emulator for the Pi 2. However, other sources say that snes-9x the second best emulator in general...

I've also read about an emulator called "Higan" (formerly known as bsnes) and apparently it's the best of all SNES emulators. I even found a new awesome Chrono Trigger ROM hack I wanna try and it's only usable on Higan. However, I haven't seen ANYTHING about Higan being used as the emulator on a Pi.

Is snes9x really the best for the Pi 2? Does higan take up too much processing power for the pi 2? What about other emulators like pocketsnes and zsnes?

and :

–]byuuHigan Developer 23 points 11 months ago

Snes9X is the best you'll get on the Pi. Don't use "Next" -- it's a hacked up version with lower compatibility.

higan is much too slow (or the Pi 2 is, depending on how you look at it.) Even the fastest profile only gets around 30-40fps on it.