Emulator Problem: ePSXe + Intel HD 5500 (integrated Graphics)

jaypkay

Helllo

After watching (and reading) countless tutorial i'm kinda lost. but i'm close. I can't find a best-setup guide for "integrated Graphics" only.

Maybe someone more experienced can take a quick look at it and give me a recommendation?

Laptop:

Processor: i3 5005u
GPU: Intel HD 5500 (integrated Graphics)
Ram: 8 GB
Monitor-Panel 1920 × 1080
ePSXe 2.0.5

------------------------------------------------------------

The plugins i have:

Bios (inside "bios" folder)

HLE Bios
scph1001 - US (Recomended)
scph5500 - JP
scph5552 - PAL
scph7003 - JP

Video Plugins (inside "plugins" folder)

ePSXe GPU core 2.0.0
P.E.Op. OpenGL Driver 1.78
Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77
Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Pete's OpenGl2 GPU core 2.0.0

Sound Plugins (inside "plugins" folder)

ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0
P.E.Op.S. DSound Adio Driver 1.9

Cd-rom

ePSXe CDR ASPI core 2.0.0.
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 2.0.0.

ISO (inside "isos" folder)

Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee

Single File (inside the root folder)

zlib1.dll

---------------------------------------------------

My best shoot was:

bios: scph1001 - US (Recomended)
video: ePSXe GPU core 2.0.0
sound: P.E.Op.S. DSound Adio Driver 1.9
cdrom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 2.0.0.

a window opens up, black screen with a logo on the top right corner that says: Analog Off

...with other configurations it just crashes with an error warning. :(

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Few responses to get you closer.

OS: Windows 10 Not a wise move and I'm not sure that OS even runs ePSXe
Processor: i3 5005u GOOD
GPU: Intel HD 5500 (integrated Graphics) extremely bad idea
Ram: 8 GB OK
Monitor-Panel 1920 × 1080 irrelevant
ePSXe 2.0.5 GOOD

Also, did you wait long enough? I have seen ePSXe sit on that screen for 5 minutes then run.

jaypkay

GPU: Intel HD 5500 (integrated Graphics) extremely bad idea

I wouldn't necessarly say it's extremely bad, a friend of mine has a new skylake i3 with INTEL HD 530 and it runs the PS2 Emulator pretty well, without dedicated graphics card, so for a older system i thought it could be possible. But you seem to be wright, there seem to be some Windows 10 problems with epsxe.

Also, did you wait long enough? I have seen ePSXe sit on that screen for 5 minutes then run.

Well if it's that bad, then it's nothing for me ;)
But i observed that when it starts with the black screen and logo, the whole thing slows extremly down. Like slowmotion.

Thanks for the reply!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I wouldn't necessarly say it's extremely bad, a friend of mine has a new skylake i3 with INTEL HD 530 and it runs the PS2 Emulator pretty well, without dedicated graphics card
Most all video cards require 8GB to run anything well enough to play.Most all Integrated cards share ram. You only have 8? Your OS is going to want a chuck, the emulator will need a chunk, and there is nothing left to share. Even if your integrated card has 8GB for itself your still lacking as it needs all the help it can get.

Well if it's that bad, then it's nothing for me
My point was not that it's expected to be that way, it's that that is a symptom your video card is not going to take the it.

Buying a dedicate card will more then lily solve your problem and allow you to do more with your system.

There are a lot of known rules in emulation people don't fully understand. For example, dual cores usually mean squat (not always, but most of the time). Another is... New OS's are always a bad idea. Emulators are very unlike software. The best OS is the one that it was developed on. So a good rule of thumb is to use what the normal "computer nerd", likes to use. For the most part it will never be the latest Windows OS ;) Currently the best OS for emulation is Windows 7. Before that it was XP, and 98/DOS before that. Notice how the over rated OS's are missed. ME, Vista, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Last edited:

jaypkay

I got it.

So far i played the Oddworld game for 15 min without a problem :happy:

Here is the solution to the problem (Windows 10):

If you'd only tried 2.0.5 my first guess would be that you just need to set "Options -> CPU Overclocking" to x1

&
Set CPU OC to anything than "x1" then set it back to "x1". It's probably a bug with 2.0.x version/s and will most likely be fixed soon enough. Until then, use this "workaround".

Source:
ngemu.com threads - cant-get-any-version-of-epsxe-working-on-windows-10