ePSXe Black Screen (Potentially SPU Issue)

EpicGnome

I have solved this before but can't remember how. I tried the registry trick and that did not work. I've used various different plugins and settings. I ran a log and it puts out:

* Running ePSXe emulator version 2.0.5.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [bios\SCPH1001.BIN].
* Loading ISO Format [MDF/BIN/IMG2352] ok
* First/Last track: 1 1
* Track 1: (DATA) - Start 1: (00,02,00) - Length 338:36
* NTSC cdrom detected. (SLU__404.38)
* Doing init gpu[0]...
* Gpu open[0]...
* Direct input init ok.
* Doing spu init...
* Spu open...

I tried it using 1.9 as well. I had fixed it before but something must have been reset. The game I am testing it with is a Silent Hill 1 .cue and a Silent Hill 3 iso as well as a Shadow of the Colossus .iso.

(I have hard copies of everything including a PS1 and a PS2 system. I am trying to use the emulator for convenience of everything on my PC.)

I know the images are good because they worked before. Anyone remember how this was fixed? It's a very old issue.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
more then likely not your answer but it happened to me once and after a week of looking and playing I found the issue to be patience. I accidentally left the black screen running for 5 minutes and it came up. After that it was back to normal.

EpicGnome

more then likely not your answer but it happened to me once and after a week of looking and playing I found the issue to be patience. I accidentally left the black screen running for 5 minutes and it came up. After that it was back to normal.

That is what I was hoping but left it open for 10-20 minutes to no avail. I was hoping it was just taking forever with the SPU stuff. I was able to get it to open Silent Hill 1 as a .bin but not SH3 or Shadow of the Colossus in .iso