Allround Gaming Machine

Wizzel

Hey Folks,
Iam new here, i hope that iam in the right spot for this question!
First I wanna mention that my english is basic, my computer skills are basic too, so please be patient! :)

I want to set up a new PC as an "allround gaming machine or console"!
that means, i want to buy a new pc which is just for the living room for console game emulation.

it should support at least the generation of N64 and PSO without problems (so: NES, SNES, N64, PSO, Sega Consoles, ect.)
nice to have would be gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast and the handhelds like the GB*, DS*, PSP (and so on)
Would it even be possible to have Wii, WiiU, PS3, XB360 or do you need a high tech set up for a lot of money for it??

Which hardware would you recommend for that? (shouldnt be too expensive ;) )

The Software should be some functional emulators which support even multiplayer for 4 people, or even over internet if possible? I would like to use 4 xbox 360 controllers for offline multiplayer!
Ive seen there are fancy emulators with a need interface which includes a lot of the common consoles, even with the cover art of the games, ect.

I hope you can help me and understand what i mean :) i know sounds like a massive project but maybe some of you are experienced enough with stuff like that :)

thank you very much :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
it should support at least the generation of N64 and PSO without problems (so: NES, SNES, N64, PSO, Sega Consoles, ect.)
nice to have would be gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast and the handhelds like the GB*, DS*, PSP (and so on)
Would it even be possible to have Wii, WiiU, PS3, XB360 or do you need a high tech set up for a lot of money for it??
Possible yes, I have it. cheep no... You will want to get the latest and great intel chip and an real video card. A radion or nvidia and stay clear of laptops. Laptops are made to reduce power and heat, you will want both of those... Best bet is to have it custom made but you can buy a ready made system.

Which hardware would you recommend for that? (shouldn't be too expensive )
If you remove wiiU, ps2 and maybe wii you can save a lot. The older systems can be emulated with less.

PS3 and 360 are not really emulated yet and wiiU is very new.

The Software should be some functional emulators which support even multiplayer for 4 people, or even over internet if possible? I would like to use 4 xbox 360 controllers for offline multiplayer!
Ive seen there are fancy emulators with a need interface which includes a lot of the common consoles, even with the cover art of the games, ect.
Save yourself the pain and just get a front end. Something like quickplay will just let you point and click the system/game you want. Lot's of frontends to choose from.

Also pick up a 360 controller for input if you want all games to use the same controller or get a multi adapter like the Bliss-Box if you like the old controller feel.

Last edited:

Wizzel

Ok thanks a lot! :)
If I would make a custom system, how much would it cost approximately? 1) Newer Consoles Includes 2) Just Retro Consoles ?

Whats a Good frontend? I downloaded quickplay, but the first look really looked complicated to set up! Maybe I should give it an other shot??

Then I tried retroarch, I think its very neat and easy to use, but I miss customisations for graphics, cheats, ect. like in a lot Stand Alone Emulators - As well I cant play iso from PSX games or even gamecube games...

Is there a easy to use, fancy looking, all including frontend out there? :) Iam looking forward to some tipps ;)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
but the first look really looked complicated to set up
No actually its by far one of the easiest. It is all automated. You will have to read a bit but it does it all in the wizard. Fancy is hyper spin, easy is Quick play. Quick play will run anything anyway you want. Most others you have to play by their rules.

A good gaming rig should be around $500 (cpu, mb, memory). Monitors and hard drives aside. For $200 you will get retro going easy. Also lots of people are doing the retro-pi thing. You may one to consider that with retro arch or game station. There is also the OUYA. Discontinued but still available. Or the retron 5.

Cabeceira

No actually its by far one of the easiest. It is all automated. You will have to read a bit but it does it all in the wizard. Fancy is hyper spin, easy is Quick play. Quick play will run anything anyway you want. Most others you have to play by their rules.

A good gaming rig should be around $500 (cpu, mb, memory). Monitors and hard drives aside. For $200 you will get retro going easy. Also lots of people are doing the retro-pi thing. You may one to consider that with retro arch or game station. There is also the OUYA. Discontinued but still available. Or the retron 5.

If I have only 300 to 400$ budget, then what you suggest me plz??

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
pfff you can asemble pc its true you buy:
motherboard with cpu nd you will have stock cooler
you can buy ram and graphic card of second hand like ati hd5000 or gtx or other
hdd you can buy from wholesale
you need also good power Supply best are :corsair,ocz and seasonic all must be bronze series
keybord and mouse can be buyed togheter in one box im mean those mouses and keybords for office use i was have activejet
motherboard can laydown on table or other flat surface
so tadah but remember not use configuration like :intel and ati (ati card will be worse than cpu)
and amd +geforce(amd cpu worse than graphic card)
best combination is : amd+ati
intel+geforce
ps:most expensive are 500gb and 1TB but you can buy smaller hdd like 160 and 320Gb :p
and use crt monitor :d

Last edited: