Game Problem: Pokemon Emerald How to fix berry glitch on My Boy! Android gba emulator?

Showey

I love Pokemon Emerald. I've played it for a while now on my My Boy! emulator on my android phone. Recently, I wanted to speed up the process of growing berries, so I changed the date on my phone to be a few days ahead. When i re-opened the rom and loaded my save file, the berries had grown. I would harvest them and then re-plant them. I repeated this process until I got the desired amount of berries.

At one moment I felt like i was too ahead in time (no pun intended,) so I changed the date back to what it actually was. I saved, changed the date to be a few days ahead again, and loaded the game.

The berries had not grown.

I changed the date to be even more ahead, but once I returned to the game, all of the berry-planting spots in the entire region were empty.

I searched it up and discovered that I may have stumbled upon the berry glitch.
I tried fixing it by following the instructions on the bulbapedia page, but I can't press the start and select buttons at the same time on the Sapphire rom (I can press other buttons at the same time tho, like the b button (run) while moving.)

Keep in mind- I am using the My Boy! app for Android, not VBA.

Also, this is my first time posting a thread on these forums so I apologise if I posted this on the wrong topic.

Thanks!