Why is ePSXe so choppy/laggy on Windows10? Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED

CanadianTurtle

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to get the Playstation emulator to run on my Windows 10, and I'm having really hard time. Gameplay is quite choppy, and the sound has hiccups. It's weird because I used to be able to run ePSXe emulator just fine on this laptop when I had Windows7. I know it can't be my PC requirements (even though I have a slow laptop), because I've been able to run it when it was still Windows7.

But being the idiot that I am, I upgraded to Windows10 without doing much research, and now every game is unplayable. I'm using ePSXe 1.9.25.
I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciae any help!

This is so frustrating that I'm even willing to revert back to Windows7 just to be able to play these games properly again. I'm very willing to do this, but I need to know: Do I lose any of my files when I revert back to Windows7 from Windows10? I have a bunch of family videos, photos, and a lot of them are quite long. I don't have enough space to fit it all into my 8GB removable USB. If I revert back to Windows7, will I lose these files during the process?

Please let me know, thanks!

jaypkay

It's a bit late but hey, maybe someone other has the same problem. Solution:

"In Windows 10 ePSXe go to "Options -> CPU Overclocking" to x1 "

That worked for me.

paomemije

It's a bit late but hey, maybe someone other has the same problem. Solution:

"In Windows 10 ePSXe go to "Options -> CPU Overclocking" to x1 "

That worked for me.

Hi, mine does not have that on my options

mine does lag in some songs while playing DDR 3rd mix. Even tried to set them with the lowest and fastest settings. Still has not fixed it.

My PC:

• Win 10 Pro
• i3 2120
• GT 730 2gb
• DDR3 1866 mhz 8GB Ram

hope you guys could help me out.