Emulator Problem: Mesen Save States - What am I doing wrong?

Emu

Hey all I'm fairly new to emulators. I use Mesen for NES games and Snes9x for snes games.

I'm not sure where I went wrong but I can't load my save states in Mesen at the moment. I see them in the Saves folder, but when I press F1/F2 etc. in Mesen it says save slot is empty. I know how to rename save files for Snes9x and that didn't work for my Mesen files.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Somehow I had duplicate Mesen folders, one with the roms and saves, but the emulator was trying to pull from the other empty save folder in the duplicate mesen folder.

Last edited:

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
do you have such thing like set save slot (this feature is in zsnes and nestopia)
i never was use "new" emulators like messen i know its in early stage
try make savestate(file) not in slot im have win7 but need netframework 4.0 or 3.5 to run messen im dont need such library to run only
one emulator

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I don't know what version you are on but this is what I found.

Save states created with version 0.4.1 (or older) will no longer work in 0.5.1.

Cabeceira

Hey all I'm fairly new to emulators. I use Mesen for NES games and Snes9x for snes games.

I'm not sure where I went wrong but I can't load my save states in Mesen at the moment. I see them in the Saves folder, but when I press F1/F2 etc. in Mesen it says save slot is empty. I know how to rename save files for Snes9x and that didn't work for my Mesen files.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Somehow I had duplicate Mesen folders, one with the roms and saves, but the emulator was trying to pull from the other empty save folder in the duplicate mesen folder.

can you tell me the version you are using??