Computer Problem: Mayflash N64 with Windows 10

Tugmonkey

Hi guys.

I recently got in to emulation, and decided I'd like to have an N64 controller. I ordered a controller from Amazon along with a Mayflash adapter. I understand how to set it up, but when I'm in the game controller window to calibrate the controller, I notice that the number 10 button is blinking irregularly. so right enough, when I try to calibrate the controller it whizzes through it without me touching a button. same when I try to assign buttons on project 64, when I click on a button it is automatically assigned 'joypad 9'. I've tried trouble shooting the Maryflash, the only problem it is running in to is, windows is telling me it might not work properly in a USB 3.0, but I haven't heard any complaints about this online. I returned the controller and ordered a new one, thinking it might be that, same problem though. I have since reordered a new mayflash but same problem with the new ine too. Any help would be great guys, I've looked everywhere online and can't find any similar issues.

Cheers.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Only two things could cause that IMO. A sticky button or the may-flash is having troubles with that controller. Swapping the n64 out for another will most likely fix it.

Tugmonkey

Ive tried 3 controllers now and same problem. Only thing I can think of now is that it might because they have been third party controllers. Might have to order an official Nintendo controller and try that.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
If they are the same 3rd party controllers then yes. If not, then no, highly doubtful. The mayflash normally has a pretty good reputation but its possible that win10 gives it troubles. If you want a product that works with any n64 controller (3rd party or not) and on win 10. Check out the Bliss-Box adapters. If you just want a single adapter contact via this URL .

Last edited: