Game Problem: PCSX2 -- Xenosaga Episode 1 Der Wille zur Macht -- Have Yet To Find a Precise Answer

IsaOfTheWorlds

The1KidWhoWantsToYoutube
Hello, Emulator-Zone.

As I've limited bandwidth at my house, during my alone time while visiting my father, I will usually download extreme amounts of video games to my laptop to play at my house. The latest game I've downloaded, which has stalled any further downloads due to this problem, was Xenosaga Episode 1 - Der Wille zur Macht, an ISO file I received from emuparadise.me.

My memory doesn't serve me well (especially after all that unnecessary amount of time I poured into setting up my profile here) but I believe the episode's successor, Episode 2 - Jenseits von Gut und Boese, worked fine (for as far as I went, which wasn't very). However, in contrast, Xenosaga Episode 1 will not pass the first cutscene. It'll loop one second of it near the beginning, then it'll freeze a few moments later. And if I skip it, I'm sent to another cutscene which will freeze at a certain point and give me the option of skipping or replaying. Replaying will cause the same issue, and skipping, well... I can't really skip too much, now can I? I'll be missing way too much of the story here.

I have found some pretty vague answers that literally say something along the lines of "Re-Zip (somehow, wasn't explained) with IMGBurner/ISOBuster/Daemon Tools/what-even-ever-it-is." Though these seem to be entirely different issues(freezing later in the game, save errors, wrong cutscenes etc.), under a different set of circumstance -- a physical disc of the game put into the laptop.

So, I'm simply wondering -- How can I make this ISO run properly on my PCSX2? As in, no/minimal freezing and I can actually pass most of the cut-scenes to play and get the most out of the game? Thank you for taking/if you take the time to read and answer this.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
what emulator settings , what version , what is your settings
and what is pc specification
i know there are fix for speed up (plugin or something but for other psx emulator) :epsxe
pcsx2 is new other emulator
but your is most recomended anyway which bios USA?
can you change bios to other (if there is non USA version)
im not psx emulation specjalist im more in 2d gaming
last thing : make other settings (gpu plugin (if you use opengl switch to dx and vivce versa)
that only help i can give but either is bios, or settings or your graphics(in emulator)
im hope that there is someone who can help you i never hear of bad iso bad dumps of roms yes but only in old 2d/3d consoles
:Nintendo , Sega

Last edited: