Emulator Problem: Problem with full screen in Winkawaks

woutercools

Tried numerous settings. Can't get rid of title bar and window frame.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

screenshot: imgur.com/a/qcL8q

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
:glare: are you jokeing you start game on your winkawkas 1.65 then go to options ->video->fullscreen
then you enter fullscreen or just like emulator say push buttons alt +enter(+ means with)
im never hear its for linux or ported on other platform so you must have windows
you go on author site : http://cps2shock.emu-france.info/download.html (programer who write kawaks)
then you run 1.65
tested with magical drop2 nothing special meh

Last edited:

woutercools

Thanks for your reply, but I'm a long time Winkawaks user. I know ALT+ENTER is full screen.

The screenshot was taken right after I had pressed ALT+ENTER.
screenshot: imgur.com/a/qcL8q
You can see the game is correctly full screen, but Winkawaks superpositions the titlebar and window borders

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Can that be the problem?

Anyone with the same problem that can help me?
Thanks.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
nope 8 also 10 are protected for use pirates and dont have good backward compatibility Xp is now a grandpa so 7 is wise choice
or can detect pirated software
you will find info in web

rdjarvis

I created an account just to reply this. Know it's months old now, but when I ran into your problem myself, this is one of the first pages google spits out when searching for a solution. Ran across a fix on Microsoft's Answers forum on a thread regarding a Windows 8 DirectDraw compatibility fix for old games, but it works on my Windows 10 64-bit WinKawaks 1.64 installation (original Microsoft Answers post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-i-need/d21d6775-1006-4da9-a642-39553b286a49 ).

Note: This involves a Windows Registry change, be very careful!

Save this as a *.reg file and modify the path to your game executable:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\YourGame\\GameExecutable.exe"="$ DWM8And16BitMitigation Layer_ForceDirectDrawEmulation"

(Change the "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\YourGame\\GameExecutable.exe" to your WinKawaks.exe location, mine's "C\\Games\\WinKawaks\\WinKawaks.exe")

Then run the registry script.

Hope it helps!

woutercools

run the registry script.

YES! That does the trick!

Thank you for taking the time to register and post this a reply on a 6-month-old thread.
This is why the internet is still a great place.

Thanks again.

case closed (for now)
Is there a away I can put [SOLVED] in the thread's title?

Last edited: