Controls for Nestopia not working. (Keyboard/Xbox One controller)

Felis Rufus

I just downloaded Nestopia today and have been trying to get the controls to work. I first plugged my Xbox One controller into the USB port on my computer. When I went to map the controls through Options > Input, the controller wasn't showing up in the "Joysticks" column. In fact, it was completely grayed out. I realized my computer wasn't finished installing the drivers for it and once it was done, it showed up in the joystick column. From there, I set all of my controls and pressed okay. I checked Machine > Input and it had Pad 1 selected, which is what I mapped under. When I ran the rom, however, the controller wasn't working. I tested the keyboard too, just in case, and nothing. I looked all over the Internet for a solution and tried many different things. I ran joy.cpl on my computer and made sure the controller was set as preferred and was properly calibrated, I downloaded Emulator Enhancer but couldn't find anything on how to install it and didn't know what to do with the .dmg file, and I installed Pinnacle Gamer Profile. None of those things worked. I figured maybe it was a bad rom so I downloaded a different version and that didn't work either. I did the same thing with the emulator and tried out FCEUX instead and still nothing. I went back to Nestopia and tried mapping all the controls to my keyboard and even that didn't work. What's wrong? Why is it doing this? I'm not entirely well-versed in emulators/roms so please excuse me if there is some blatant, rookie mistake I am making.

EDIT: I am running Windows 8.1

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
didn't know what to do with the .dmg file
That is a MAC file, Emulator Enhancer is for MACS.

I think your issues are due to xinput. Most emulators have a hard time with xinput. You could try x360ce but the best thing is to use dinput devices.