(XEBRA PS1 EMULATOR) QUESTION How do I save my game? (NEWBIE)

tycoon8807

The title pretty much says it all. How do i save my game on XEBRA emulator? THANKS A BUNCH YOU GUYS. IM SORRY IF IM DUMB.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
im was never use that emulator but i find info on wikipedia :
Dealing with memory cardsEdit
As default, Xebra will start with two memory cards plugged into it. These are stored as the files "BU00" and "BU01" in the xebra directory. These memory cards work just as you would expect a real memory card to work, you can even manage them in the memory card screen of the PSX itself. (Open shell and reset the console).

To load a diferent memory card go to File->Open->Memory card 1/2 Image... You can also save a copy of the current memory card with File->Save->Memory card 1/2 Image... This has the same effect as changing memory cards in a real PSX, so don't do it whilst saving.

To remove all memory cards and act like there is none plugged to the console choose "Run->Stop card" and "Run->Start card" to plug them back.

the program MCM.exe however allows you to manage memory cards image files directly and in a more practical way:

The option View->Remove SJIS will try to show the file names in non-Japanese characters, which is a lot more useful for us non-Japanese readers.
It will show some things differently from the psx manager including only the first of a multiblock save having a file name while the others will be just named "LINK". Only the first file can be edited, however.
Double click on a file and a pop up with appear, press "Yes" to delete and "No" to save that file as a single file.
The open files menu only looks for files with the extension .mc... Even though the default memory cards image files have no extension. Just set it to open "all file types" for those.
It can save the images in different formats and even just save the icons as bmps. However, use the save->general to save in a Xebra format.
You can always edit a memory card image while the emulator is running in case you run out of space.

http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/XEBRA