Game Problem: Psxe games not working

kriddell

Hey guys

So I downloaded the playstation emu with all the plugins and emu but the games just won't open. The screen opens and stays on the psxe homepage...

Any advice?:dry:

malloc4096

If u havn't already I'd recommend taking a look at the Readme or FAQ documents that come with the emulator, especially if your a newb. Most if not all emu's that Iv used Iv also noticed usually have a basic trouble shooting section in the Readme for the most common mistakes.

disclaimer, i havn't used a ps1 emu ina long long time, so my info maybe outdated or mistaken. Im attempting to answer u cause no one else is.

the most compatible way to run a ps1 game is from a ISO diskimage of the game, run from your harddrive.

If i remember correctly, with the proper plugin and everything set correctly, i believe the games ran from the CDrom for me aswell. However back then, not ALL CDroms were compatible for reading some types of copy protected CDs i think. I also needed to have some sort of ASPI driver installed to properly read copy protected CDs.

Back then I also ran the ISO's from DaemonTools virtual drive, I don't remember if I did because it was simply more convienyent, or it was actually more compatible. Either way it worked. If ur not downloading ur games and ur trying to make an image from one of ur actual CDs. Back then i used ClonyXXL+CloneCD, but if ur drive can read it, u may be able to just use something like ISObuster to create the image, cause the copy protection it fails to detect may only come into play IF u tried to then Burn the ISO image back to a CD(in which case it would fail to work correctly) but the ISO ran from HDD through emu should work fine... but its been a long time so Don't quote me on that last part ;)