Request: Zelda Majoras Mask Savestate (After Goron Temple)

gambit12

Hello emulator zone community!

My name's gambit and I'm new here.

I have a very specific request that I strongly hope to get fulfilled.
I have lost my Majoras Mask savestate due to a power blackout in my area,
my PC reset to a previous point where I didn't have Project64 installed.

The savestate I am looking for is one just outside and after the Goron temple.
I had about 7 Hearts, mask of Truth, Gero Mask, Animal March Mask, a big quiver, and so on
but I realize I'd have to be very lucky to even get a save state, and in my specificiation even more.
I would be endlessly happy with just one after the goron temple, so I can continue.
I would play it all again but I live a very hectic life and I don't want to commit the time again, as my free time is
extremely limited.

I would appreciate help deeply.

Thank you all,

gambit12

gambit12

Hey, thanks for responding, was starting to worry as there seemed to be nothing to be found where ever I looked.
I always only used Project64.
Though naturally I would not mind switching to whatever emulator someone could provide a save state for.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Alright, after work I will start working on your save state, I will use project64 1.6, since that is what we host on this site. and If the save state doesn't work, I will give you the save file and we can work from there. ;)

gambit12

Thanks a lot, but you say "working on" it,
from what I understand you want to play until that point *for* me?
Or do you mean convert it from Mupen or similar? In that case I'm fine with the original, I don't care which emulator I need to use, they're all fantastic.
Don't get me wrong but I can't really judge if you're joking with me :eek:
I dont wan't to look like someone literally too lazy to play a game. It's just so much frustration and it takes so much time to play to this point again.
If you really just happen to have a savestate after Snowhead Temple I'd be eternally grateful.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
nooo I mean I will do a fresh playthrough with PJ64, I don't think there are any conventional ways to convert save states between Mupen64 and Project64, it wouldn't take much of my time :) What I mean by "if it didn't work" is that if the save state didn't work with your rom, it would be a simple solution just to send you my save file instead. :)

EDIT: https://www.mediafire.com/?r3i7x3cn9z0k4bt

So I got you to the cutscene when you just finish the goron segment, I didn't get your gero mask, big quiver, or mask of truth though, but I did get you close to your 7 hearts, (6 of them in fact). Tell me of it works out. :)

Last edited:

gambit12

Wow... You are the man. I can't thank you enough. Any way I can make up for it, let me know and I'll try.
You're very likely to also have saved a lot of time for a lot of googlers stumbling upon this thread.
This might very well be one of the first save states in years for right after the Snowhead temple.
I have been through gigabytes of data in forums and what not to find one, but to no avail.
I'll make sure to distribute it as much as I can to help others, giving you credit for the file.
Thank you again.

nicorl1996

nooo I mean I will do a fresh playthrough with PJ64, I don't think there are any conventional ways to convert save states between Mupen64 and Project64, it wouldn't take much of my time :) What I mean by "if it didn't work" is that if the save state didn't work with your rom, it would be a simple solution just to send you my save file instead. :)

EDIT: https://www.mediafire.com/?r3i7x3cn9z0k4bt

So I got you to the cutscene when you just finish the goron segment, I didn't get your gero mask, big quiver, or mask of truth though, but I did get you close to your 7 hearts, (6 of them in fact). Tell me of it works out. :)

Im reeeeeally sorry for bumping such an old thread, I spent around a week looking for this exact savegame and i couldnt stop myself from creating an account and saying thanks a lot!