Silent Hill 1 Problems

HimuraBR

Hi, I'm having problems in Silent Hill 1 in both CVGS and ePSXe 1.6.0

The problem are:
1) In the movie sequence of Lisa mutation, when she appear in front of the screen and when she is bleeding on head, the game freezes, but the music is still going on. I tried it over and over without luck... I had to push START to proceed.
2) When I reach the end of the game (the bad one, killing Cheryl plus saving the Cybil), the list of credits runs fine but, when Cybil saves Harry from the place, another freeze.

I tried on both emulators but the same problem. What is it and what I have to do to -try- to solve the problem?

My PC is:
- AMD K6 2 500Mhz
- 256MB
- TNT Riva 32MB
- ESS-Solo I

my plugin configuration on ePSXe is almost Pete's, because is the one more faster for my PC.

montpics

Try ePSXe v1.5.2 or PSXeven. Probably it will solve that out. :cool:

Haven't play Silent Hill through that far yet as I stopped wandering around in school. :p

HimuraBR

Yeah, I know Belmont... I want to reach the best ending now. This game is my favorite. The only drawback about playing it again is this problem of freezing, not counting the spooks I had when I was playing this one for the first time and I had no idea what I could find in the next room.

I didn't tried it on ePSXe 1.5.2... I'll see if I can pass on this emulator. if this only happens in the video sequence I wouldn't mind (much)... but in the ending... bleh..
I had once faced the same problem with the Rockman VIII. Well, I think it was error, because, after the final movie sequence, the screen went black and nothing more happened. I was using the ePSXe 1.5.2 in the time.

montpics

I believe I did finish the game using CVGS and I'm personally not sure about ePSXe as I haven't finish with that emulator though. :)

HimuraBR

I started playing it again today... I'm on the Balkan Church, let's see if the game will have the problem again.... hope not. :)

HimuraBR

I reach the end of the game today (the GOOD+ ending), but again, I had problem with the video of Lisa mutation and on the end, when the "angelic" Aleesa opened a portal so Harry, his baby and Cybil can go out the place and the Dr. Kauffmann was somewhat lost. After that, the screen went black, the music still playing and the CD reader still in movement.

I used the PSmplayer and made an analysis on the CD so I could see (or try) the ending video and I think I found out the problem: the video of Lisa mutation, it's finishs at the same point where it freezes so, maybe, my CD isn't very good at all. :(

Lisafreeze.jpg

Last edited:

montpics

Looks like your CD is not in a good shape. Same with my FF9 CDs. Well, at least you really 'did' finish the game. ;)

HimuraBR

Yeah...

now I'm happy that I really finished it, the first time I was in a hurry and passed like a breeze in the stages, ignoring the Anne's Bar, Indian Runner and the Motel... I'm now looking where I live where I can buy a new one, so I can try to get the Special Ending... :D

Thanks you all for the help. :)