What are some good emulators

jim1174

I know about the dolphin which plays n64 and game cube games. There is also the mame. Are there any other great emulators out there ?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No dolphin does not play n64, it does do GC and wii.

To see a list of better to worse see the main page.
emulator-zone.com

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
(source codes of emulators are included there)
That is something the end user will never need. If somebody needs to look at the source they are probably more than capable of finding it on Github or wherever else the emulator developer hosts the files.

Touko White

I'm cute, aren't I?
My personal favourites:

NES - FCEUX (Nestopia doesn't play headerless ROMS but is slightly more accurate)
SNES - Snes9x (if you have a good PC, use bsnes/higan)
N64 - Mupen64Plus (command line only in the latest version since the Python-based UI is broken in 2.5)
GCN - Dolphin (no other choice)
GB - TGB Dual (just like this one)
GBA - VisualBoyAdvance-M (continuation of VBA)
DS - DeSmuME (accurate and almost as fast as nocash)

I haven't really used many other console emulations I'll update more though when I play more in Sega and Atari stuff.
My hard drive corrupted itself a few days ago along with all my games for some reason so I'll need to test things again now.

You might want to look elsewhere for Mac/Linux stuff, though.

~Cammy

Last edited:

JamesGoblin

My personal favourites:

NES - FCEUX (Nestopia doesn't play headerless ROMS but is slightly more accurate)
SNES - Snes9x (if you have a good PC, use bsnes/higan)
N64 - Mupen64Plus (command line only in the latest version since the Python-based UI is broken in 2.5)
GCN - Dolphin (no other choice)
GB - TGB Dual (just like this one)
GBA - VisualBoyAdvance-M (continuation of VBA)
DS - DeSmuME (accurate and almost as fast as nocash)

I haven't really used many other console emulations I'll update more though when I play more in Sega and Atari stuff.
My hard drive corrupted itself a few days ago along with all my games for some reason so I'll need to test things again now.

You might want to look elsewhere for Mac/Linux stuff, though.

~Cammy

Quite useful little list, thanks!

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
zsnes faster :p
fceu mm good fce with mappers modifited better than fceux for me fcux have inacurate working i test fceux 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 sound is crappy and new gpu is slow
thats my two favorite