Emulator Problem: Unable to run Tron rom??

jag208

I'm using mame UI32 and have downloaded the following Tron Roms: 8/9, 6/15, 6/17, 6/25. I am still unable to run this rom and running audit get the following message:
tron : 9860-07axn-axhd.d12 (32 bytes) - NOT FOUND
tron : 0066-313bx-xxqx.a12.bin (1 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
tron : 0066-315bx-xxqx.b12.bin (1 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
tron : 0066-322bx-xx0x.e3.bin (1 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
tron : 0066-316bx-xxqx.g11.bin (1 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
tron : 0066-314bx-xxqx.g12.bin (1 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN

I should mention I'm a newbie - any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks....

malloc4096

it appears your missing...

file: 83s123.12d
crc: e1281ee9
zip: midssio.zip
descripton: Midway SSIO Sound Board

but, thats the name on the mame version I have. I believe your using an outdated mame version(because the file name differs). but that probably does NOT matter because that tron rom is dated 1982(the file names also don't matter).

"midssio" is not clasified as a bios file, but it is shared between all roms that use the same midway sound board, and what i noticed is, the old mame versions require it to be zipped together with the rom(tron.zip), where as the more recent mame versions can have it detected with the rom(tron.zip) or seperated(midssio.zip)... in which case it no longer needs to be zipped with each indevidual rom that requires it.

if u don't have that file, thats ur problem lol
if u do have it, zip it together with the tron.zip archive. or use a mame version that can detect midssio.zip

the "NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN" files, are what it says. the rom files don't exist. but often arn't required. as in this case, because i have that rom and it works without them.

I got the file information from mame.exe itself.
if u open a command prompt in windows and type
"C:\example\path\mame.exe" -listcrc tron

note some of the commands don't work on older mame versions.
the majority of the commands with descriptions are listed in "C:\example\path\to\mame\docs" config and windows txt

jag208

it appears your missing...

file: 83s123.12d
crc: e1281ee9
zip: midssio.zip
descripton: Midway SSIO Sound Board

but, thats the name on the mame version I have. I believe your using an outdated mame version(because the file name differs). but that probably does NOT matter because that tron rom is dated 1982(the file names also don't matter).

"midssio" is not clasified as a bios file, but it is shared between all roms that use the same midway sound board, and what i noticed is, the old mame versions require it to be zipped together with the rom(tron.zip), where as the more recent mame versions can have it detected with the rom(tron.zip) or seperated(midssio.zip)... in which case it no longer needs to be zipped with each indevidual rom that requires it.

if u don't have that file, thats ur problem lol
if u do have it, zip it together with the tron.zip archive. or use a mame version that can detect midssio.zip

the "NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN" files, are what it says. the rom files don't exist. but often arn't required. as in this case, because i have that rom and it works without them.

I got the file information from mame.exe itself.
if u open a command prompt in windows and type
"C:\example\path\mame.exe" -listcrc tron

note some of the commands don't work on older mame versions.
the majority of the commands with descriptions are listed in "C:\example\path\to\mame\docs" config and windows txt

Thanks for info - I'll see what I can do....