Emulator Problem: New to this. Have a couple questions.

EndGame

Firstly, is it possible to use an xbox one controller wired into the computer and use that to play Emulator games? If so, what's the best way to set it up?
Also, is it possible to burn a ROM game to a disc to avoid all the other hassle?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
is it possible to use an xbox one controller wired into the computer and use that to play Emulator games? yes

If so, what's the best way to set it up? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=use+xbox+one+controller+on+computer

is it possible to burn a ROM game to a disc Yes, every disc based game can be burned to a copy one way or another. You then can load that game in the emulator.

EndGame

Of course I know how to use xbox one controller in general on pc. I meant I'm having trouble using it with emulators. Smart ass.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Of course I know how to use xbox one controller in general on pc. I meant I'm having trouble using it with emulators. Smart ass.
There is a reason it won't work on emulators. It had not occurred to me at first and there is a simple way around that. I'm sure someone else here will kindly help, I for one will not.

Last edited:

malloc4096

the way i see it.

based on the OPs post hes a complete newb, so his non descript vauge questions may Not be understandable, but i understand the intent.

ulaoulao's join date shows he's been here a long time, likely online even much longer.. and in my experience theres TONEs of morons and idiots online, so a short answer to a possibly repeated over the generations vague question is also understandable.

the lmgtfy link is a smart ass response LoL. makes EndGame's response understandable. the fact he's a newb aside, I personally have actually developed an allergic reaction myself to googling, since the net has become a sespool of moron, sifting threw word vomit for more than like a few minutes gives me this urge to fuk ppl's mothers LoL. Perhaps not a newbs excuse but i feel for them

ulaoulao gettin offended from EndGame complimenting his ass, understandable again(assuming EndGame is an ugly mofo and not a hot chik ;)... EndGame save ur ass comments 4 ur wife ;)

I'm not a controller expert, and have Zero motivation to google anything that doesn't impact me (not to be vain, just because of the above mentioned net issue), but if i remember other ppl's statments correct... it has something to do with the fact most emu's use D-input, and the XBox controllers are X-input... I 'assume' the way someone my get around it is to use a Joy-to-key app like xpadder, i think it was called.

that honestly seems like a ghetto way around it(since that way uses a 3rd party app), but like i said Im not a controller expert. maybe theres a logical reason for it. If someone has a better way I'd like to know aswell. Not that i currently have use for it, but if I gain access to such controllers in the future, I always like to have fixs to common issues ahead of time.

regarding ur 2nd question... even tho ulaoulao made an attempt at answering it. I dont think it worked because ur question was too fuk'd up LoL... a Rom is a game image yes, but If your referring to game systems such as playstation for example that use CDs, u could call it a Rom, but CD images are essentially ISO's... so the short answer is NO, burning them is more of a hasstle, so I assume u meant to ask- If they can be burned then played in the original Console to avoid Emulation hastle?? If thats what u meant, the answer is still No, its more of a hastle. In a nutshel, burning a game ISO usually requires bypassing security features, sometimes requires specific software and sometimes specific DiskBurners, even then more steps maybe required.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Oh this thread again? Help is help, take it or leave it. Using fowl language and insulting the hand the feeds you is bitter, pointless, and clumsy as it is stupid. However being malloc here decided to revitalize the post ill conclude my advice.

Most all devices on the market pre Xbox were DX. Xinput is nothing short of a dumbed down version made specifically for the xbox console. After its introduction we starred to see it supported in games. And finally even emulators.

In an analogy think of it like glide vs OpenGL. All DX and xinput are, is a simple way to communicate to a controllers. So same is true (i.e. glide wrapper) in this case. Only you need an xinput wrapper like xce360. This is not really for the "newbie" but if you have idea how this stuff works and time to play around it does work.

Last edited: