Emulator Problem: What is the best N64 emulator for Android?

Emulatornoob

Hello everyone, new to the whole emulator scene and was searching around for the best N64 emulator for android devices.

I have been lurking around to find the answers but have not gotten anywhere and still a little bit confused on how it works. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I really want to play some of the old N64 classic games on a big screen like Mario Kart 64 and Donkey Kong 64. But I can't seem to find one that works or maybe I am just doing it wrong. Also I don't know of a way to play it on a big screen if anybody has ideas about that too Any advice will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
There are a lot of them. Most go for pj64/1964 or some version of mupen64.

Dailenth

There are a lot of them. Most go for pj64/1964 or some version of mupen64.

He is really looking for Android, A smartphone actually ^^
I'm pretty sure MegaN64 is the most functional in the Android Market.

Emulatornoob

Thanks so much for the input guys. Yea I have heard that the Mega N64 is a good one so I might look more into that one. Also I have been looking into Android sticks and seeing if they will work with the emulator when I plug it into a TV. As I would really like to play them on the big screen do you guys think that will work or would there be another way you can do it?

Dailenth

We so need an android section.

I don't think we really need to, They can be found and downloaded directly from the market (Google Play). For some reason they're legal and I don't know why.
If it had to be from an external source such as Emulator Zone, people had to download it in .apk format, enable Installations from External sources from the options menu then install the app. It would be a waste of time, but we can only list all emulators if we get a variety.

Thanks so much for the input guys. Yea I have heard that the Mega N64 is a good one so I might look more into that one. Also I have been looking into Android sticks and seeing if they will work with the emulator when I plug it into a TV. As I would really like to play them on the big screen do you guys think that will work or would there be another way you can do it?

You may find a good gamepad for android, but I would personally have a look on devices similar like JXD 7800B. It has a Dpad, analog sticks and buttons integrated in it. So it's designed for emulators, and includes emulators pre-installed.
If you want to play emulators or n64 games on your TV I suggest just build a computer with a $300 budget and install a media center distribution like XBMC.

Emulatornoob

Thanks Dailenth, I am not that tech smart to build one so I did a little more research and found projectors that have preinstalled android on them already like the AAXA LED Android or the ZTE Spro 2. So I decided I might get one of them to see if I can run the N64 app on it and play it on the big projector screen. I will let you guys know how it goes once I receive my AAXA LED Android projector.

Emulatornoob

Hello again. I finally got my hands on the AAXA LED Android projector to test with. I loaded it up with the Mega N64 Emulator app from the playstore and I also purchased a Logitech F310 USB controller to play classic N64 games with. I just wanted to share with you guys how my experience was and wanted to get output from fellow users on what they think about my set up and if I can add anything to it that would make it better. I must say that the video quality is good and it produces a very big screen to play them on. Here is a video of me trying out the projector with games like Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64, and Legend of Zelda:

Touko White

I'm cute, aren't I?
The reason why they're legal is because emulators are legal no matter what standpoint you're looking at it, it can be used for illegal practices but it isn't in itself.
(I'm replying to the post that says something about Google Play)