Game Problem: Problem with Super Mario Sunshine

Hey guys, so i was playing Mario Sunshine on the Dolphin Emulator, and then this happened: I was playing like normal, on the Scrubbing Sirena Beach shine, and then while i was, well, scrubbing Sirena Beach, the sound, music, Mario's sounds, and just about every other sound was gone, except for what sounded like a splashing noise.Then i complete the shine and get it, and exit, still with the splashing sound repeating over and over, then i save stated with the splashing sound loop still going on. (My memcard stopped working when i got 10 shines, soooooooo i cant save, so i use save states to load my game) So the next shine is the Shadow Mario Checks In shine, and when i catch him, the shine comes out like normal, but when i touch the shine to get it, the game freezes. Even if i go back into any other stage, i can still get the shine, but Shadow Mario Checks In? Nope.:(
P.S I really dont want to hear "Load a previous save file" because my save file stopped saving at 10 shines, so i use save states to save, and I REALLY dont want to start from 10 shines just to get a glitch out of the way.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Sounds like a HLE sound bug. Make sure you have the latest dolphin and if that does not help see if your computer can do LLE sound. Lock the sound to core to help speeds.

I tried to get the shine again, with hle still, this time i got an error i think said HLE system trying to do unexpected HLE operation and then some numbers, and then Dolphin crashed instead of freezing this time.
The error probably didn't say that, that's my best guess.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Actually, i have a pretty sweet gaming rig, on windows 10 64 bit, with almost a terabyte of storage. So yeah.
So no, you didn't prove anything? Firstly windows 10 is more prone to issues then win7 in the way of emulation. That may be your issue right there. Second you didnt mention any info about the system in the way of speed. The size of your hard drive does not tell us anything about your computer?

i got an error i think said HLE system trying to do unexpected HLE operation and then some numbers, and then Dolphin crashed instead of freezing this time.
This could be because of win10, a bad or out of date driver, poor sound card, or possibly Dx issue. Though as I mentioned HLE is buggy and if your computer can do LLE that will help the sounds issues. If you have more then 3 cores, check the option to lock to thread.

I just thought of something to fix it! I mentioned i couldn't save on my memcard cuz it just kinda stopped working i guess, what if theres a way to fix it? The memcard stopped at 10 shines in the game, which seemed odd because why would it stop saving so early in the game? P.S SMS is the ONLY game i have, so i dont have saves for any other games.