Emulator Problem: Problem with Super Mario Sunshine on the Dolphin Wii/Gamecube emulator

Hey guys, so i was playing Mario Sunshine on the Dolphin Emulator, and then this happened: I was playing like normal, on the Scrubbing Sirena Beach shine, and then while i was, well, scrubbing Sirena Beach, the sound, music, Mario's sounds, and just about every other sound was gone, except for what sounded like a splashing noise.Then i complete the shine and get it, and exit, still with the splashing sound repeating over and over, then i save stated with the splashing sound loop still going on. (My memcard stopped working when i got 10 shines, soooooooo i cant save, so i use save states to load my game) So the next shine is the Shadow Mario Checks In shine, and when i catch him, the shine comes out like normal, but when i touch the shine to get it, the game freezes. Even if i go back into any other stage, i can still get the shine, but Shadow Mario Checks In? Nope.:(
P.S I really dont want to hear "Load a previous save file" because my save file stopped saving at 10 shines, so i use save states to save, and I REALLY dont want to start from 10 shines just to get a glitch out of the way.

Dailenth

You can do plenty things to try to find the cause, maybe try saving a state then delete your save file then save the game again. Because that's maybe yours save is corrupted. I don't use Dolphin that much but from my experience saving states are still considered saves, that could recover the ability to save.

Then Try different plug-ins for graphics, use newer version of Dolphin. To me it sounds like (no pun intended) it's an audio plug in issue.

You explained it in kinda mushy way

Last edited: