Emulator Problem: With Project 64, where does the "save" go when its in the cartridge?

GuyVelella

Nintendo 64 allows games to be saved in the cartridge. With Project 64 I have an option of save state which creates a save file. Where does my save go when its saved inside the game? If I play Super Mario 64 and collect stars, every time a mission finishes, I have the option to save the game and continue. I exit out of Project 64 and go back in and my Super Mario game is saved with all the stars. When a game gets saved that way does it create a file? Where does it go and could I transfer my progress to another computer?

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
saves f5 folder saves also save in slot (multi saves) for play f7 restore (load) if you copy saves folder there is such posibility (testing on project 64 1.6)
just like i say slots are for multisaves if you not need them just f5 and f7 you just need save folder and your save file uncompresed in this folder emulator can be anywhere

Last edited:

malloc4096

jeruka9-san - he was asking about in-game, Not save states

I don't have experience with n64 emus but these are the extensions listed directly above this thread in the "n64 emulation guide"
-Save File Extension:
.eep (Save file)
.sra (Save file)
.fla (Save file)
.pj?.zip (Compressed save file – PJ64 Only) (? = slot number)
.sav? (Save slot file – 1964 only) (? = slot number)

I can tell you snes emu's call ingame save "sram" and save with a ".srm" extension using the exact same name as the rom, and put it in the rom folder.

so I would assume n64 would use ".sra" with the exact same name in the rom folder, or the emulator designated save folder.

offtopic: @jeruka9-san - if your not aware, the i-frame link in your sig, is not only obnoxious, but i-frames are also linked to web hacks. doesn't bother me as I have all i-frames blocked. however out of courtesy for others, you should remove it and allow others to click the link without the i-frame if they so choose.