Emulator Problem: PCSX2 keeps asking for my bios and plugin every time I open the program! How to fix??

GuyVelella

Im having a problem. Everytime I open PCSX2 it keeps forgetting my bios and plugins. An error comes up saying.

When I open PCSX2 this is what I see.
"The configured GS plugin file was not found"

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/GuyVelella/PCSX2 ERROR STARTING_zps8yr0kops.png

I press OK and it asks me for my plugins. I press OK. Then try to run a game and get a new error message. "PS2 BIOS ERROR". "PCSX2 requires a PS2 BIOS in order to run... Press Ok to go to the BIOS configuration panel"

I press OK.
It then shows the list of BIOS roms with Europe, Japan and USA. I click USA and the game works.

After I close out PCSX2 and reopen it. The same thing keeps happening. How do I fix this? I shouldnt have to configure my bios and plugins every time I open PCSX2.

Last edited:

malloc4096

I have no experience with that emu.

but it sound like the /Folder or /File were it stores the config settings is set to ReadOnly.

either allowing your windows user profile or the system write access to the pcsx2 config folder?file? , or if the emu allows you to change the location of were to save the config settings then you could just point it to a location your profile should have write privlidges such as YourDocuments folder just for example.

could alternatively maybe just execute the emu from a different directory that has write priviledge, but on modern OS's I don't think that makes a difference. IF neither of the above simple fixs dont work and your on windows, it could only then be something like UserAccountControl or SoftwareRestrictionPolicy or whatever they may uses now these days, to restrict default profile access for security purposes. It is simple enough to configure if that is the case, I don't have experience on the newest MS garbage OS's tho, but I'm sure google can tell u how to configur those if need be.