Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: SSF Issue

  1. #1

    Default SSF Issue

    Hey all.

    I am encountering an error I know nothing about. I use SSF to play my Sega Saturn games.

    IDirect3DDevice9::Clear() error.
    File: ./Direct3D9.cpp
    Line: 2210
    Function: Direct3D9::_Flip

    How do I fix it so the SSF box will actually display on the screen? I know the game works.

  2. #2

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyathyan View Post
    Hey all.

    I am encountering an error I know nothing about. I use SSF to play my Sega Saturn games.

    IDirect3DDevice9::Clear() error.
    File: ./Direct3D9.cpp
    Line: 2210
    Function: Direct3D9::_Flip

    How do I fix it so the SSF box will actually display on the screen? I know the game works.
    Hello, Lyathyan. Welcome to emulator-zone forum. By the way, this question is already answered. Please do a search first. Here:

    http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=18740
    Last edited by azoreseuropa; July 27th, 2015 at 20:59.

  3. #3

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    i saw your couple posts that are related. I havent used the emu, so i do not know. but if your determined to get it working, especialy if perhaps it worked for you in the past on a different windows version, here are some random things to possibly lookinto, that may or maynot help..

    first are you sure your using an offical non corrupt emu version? If a hash for the exactuable is provided from the developer website, i always try and at least run it against your download version. Its not full proof but its better than nothing.

    I don't know how old the emu is, but if it is old. it may perhaps not account for permission settings, maybe it needs Admin Access Rights to certain system files to run correctly? In windows 7 i think there is also another layer of permission settings added to the system called UserAccountControl (UAC). I'm not as familiar with win7, so i don't know if simply loggin into the Admin account to test run the emu app would rule that out or not. Im sure google can answer UAC questions tho.

    I maybe mistaken but i think, the D3dx9.dll's from older versions of DirectX do differ slightly from the newer dll's even tho they are packaged for backward compatability... you could try the x9 dlls from a 2009 or 2010 redistributable package from the offical microsoft download site, or which ever year perhaps is closest to the Emulator Development year. I believe at the command prompt you can run "regsvr32 -u C:\Insert\proper\path\name.dll" to unregister a dll, and same thing WITH OUT the "-u" to register a replacement dll.

    There is a setting in the advanced display properties for the system Graphics card on some computers, that allow you to set the D3D bit flipping policy setting. I don't know if that error relates to the setting or just looks similar, but if you have the setting, perhaps changing it may resolve the issue.. I don't know what setting it should try, so trial and error would rule it out.

    EDIT: oh yeah, also if your using a 64bit windows version.. Im not as familiar with those either, but I believe they have different path designated for 64bit apps VS 32... since I assume its a 32bit app, make sure you have it in the right place to run it in 32bit mode.
    Last edited by malloc4096; July 30th, 2015 at 05:14.

  4. #4

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by malloc4096 View Post
    i saw your couple posts that are related. I havent used the emu, so i do not know. but if your determined to get it working, especialy if perhaps it worked for you in the past on a different windows version, here are some random things to possibly lookinto, that may or maynot help..

    first are you sure your using an offical non corrupt emu version? If a hash for the exactuable is provided from the developer website, i always try and at least run it against your download version. Its not full proof but its better than nothing.

    I don't know how old the emu is, but if it is old. it may perhaps not account for permission settings, maybe it needs Admin Access Rights to certain system files to run correctly? In windows 7 i think there is also another layer of permission settings added to the system called UserAccountControl (UAC). I'm not as familiar with win7, so i don't know if simply loggin into the Admin account to test run the emu app would rule that out or not. Im sure google can answer UAC questions tho.

    I maybe mistaken but i think, the D3dx9.dll's from older versions of DirectX do differ slightly from the newer dll's even tho they are packaged for backward compatability... you could try the x9 dlls from a 2009 or 2010 redistributable package from the offical microsoft download site, or which ever year perhaps is closest to the Emulator Development year. I believe at the command prompt you can run "regsvr32 -u C:\Insert\proper\path\name.dll" to unregister a dll, and same thing WITH OUT the "-u" to register a replacement dll.

    There is a setting in the advanced display properties for the system Graphics card on some computers, that allow you to set the D3D bit flipping policy setting. I don't know if that error relates to the setting or just looks similar, but if you have the setting, perhaps changing it may resolve the issue.. I don't know what setting it should try, so trial and error would rule it out.

    EDIT: oh yeah, also if your using a 64bit windows version.. Im not as familiar with those either, but I believe they have different path designated for 64bit apps VS 32... since I assume its a 32bit app, make sure you have it in the right place to run it in 32bit mode.
    He didn't say anything since 27th and didn't say thanks or anything. Oh well...

    No, you are not correct. I was using 64bit windows version and SSF run it just fine. All you need is the latest DirectX and you are all set.

  5. #5

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    sorry something I also forgot about is, some emu's require a certain version of the microsoft_visual_cpp_package to be available on the system. perhaps SSF failed to give a heads up of which version it needs. If so, I would start by trying the ms_redist_package of the same year the emu was released.

    link for example
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5638

    ...and similar with directx, i believe even if you have a updated cpp_package, it's not neccessarily fully backward compatible with older packages.


    @azoreseuropa , he doesn't need to say anything. and your logic failed to rule out any of my suggestions.
    EDIT:@azoreseuropa , oh yeah fyi I was refering to his other theard on the board, not multiple posts in this thread
    Last edited by malloc4096; July 30th, 2015 at 20:08.

  6. #6

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    Hello all, sorry to be so late to the party here, but I do have the answer to this problem, and its a pretty easy fix.

    The issue is the position that SSF is wanting to draw at on the screen.

    So to fix this you need to open up SSF.ini

    Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the document and find:

    WindowX="some dumb number"
    WindowY="some dumb number"

    just replace some dumb number with a x and y value that will actually be on your screen. X and Y values start at 0,0 on the top left of your screen, and get larger as you go down and to the right of the screen. So putting something between 50 and 100 would be a good place to start.

    Save the file and enjoy SSF.

    In my SSF.ini for instance it wanted to put the window at like -33000,-33000. Which is a totally retarded number that is never going to work.

    I was having the same issue as the op as well. I was trying to run SSF without a game in the cd drive just to do the setup. Then I tried out another Saturn emulator, and just for kicks launched SSF again. Well SSF launched the game and started playing it... and with the thumbnail view on the taskbar I could even hover over its icon and see the game running properly. After that it was a pretty good guess that there was an issue with the screen location of the window for SSF.

    This issue has nothing to do with what is covered in the other thread. If you look at the errors they are two separate things and just because one is the correct answer for the error that is covers does not mean it will do anything at all for a totally different error. Even if it is good information to have.
    Last edited by ranmas; December 31st, 2015 at 07:55.

  7. #7

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ranmas View Post
    Hello all, sorry to be so late to the party here, but I do have the answer to this problem, and its a pretty easy fix.

    The issue is the position that SSF is wanting to draw at on the screen.

    So to fix this you need to open up SSF.ini

    Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the document and find:

    WindowX="some dumb number"
    WindowY="some dumb number"

    just replace some dumb number with a x and y value that will actually be on your screen. X and Y values start at 0,0 on the top left of your screen, and get larger as you go down and to the right of the screen. So putting something between 50 and 100 would be a good place to start.

    Save the file and enjoy SSF.

    In my SSF.ini for instance it wanted to put the window at like -33000,-33000. Which is a totally retarded number that is never going to work.

    I was having the same issue as the op as well. I was trying to run SSF without a game in the cd drive just to do the setup. Then I tried out another Saturn emulator, and just for kicks launched SSF again. Well SSF launched the game and started playing it... and with the thumbnail view on the taskbar I could even hover over its icon and see the game running properly. After that it was a pretty good guess that there was an issue with the screen location of the window for SSF.

    This issue has nothing to do with what is covered in the other thread. If you look at the errors they are two separate things and just because one is the correct answer for the error that is covers does not mean it will do anything at all for a totally different error. Even if it is good information to have.
    This FIXED IT! Yay! TY so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by azoreseuropa View Post
    Hello, Lyathyan. Welcome to emulator-zone forum. By the way, this question is already answered. Please do a search first. Here:
    The answer in that post was sorry, bad luck bro. Did you even look at it? Maybe it's time you stop focusing on the post count and just don't post... since you obviously don't like helping people anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by azoreseuropa View Post
    He didn't say anything since 27th and didn't say thanks or anything. Oh well...

    No, you are not correct. I was using 64bit windows version and SSF run it just fine. All you need is the latest DirectX and you are all set.
    You must be a ton of fun at parties. This had absolutely nothing to do with the issue. Way to keep anyone from attempting to help or post more information that you were so absolutely certain.

    Also, SSF is shipped with 2 exe's. One of them is for 64 bit and one is for 32.

  8. #8

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    thanks for the solution lol -32000 was for me lol

  9. #9

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    Great thread helped me a lot thank you guys!

  10. #10

    Default Re: SSF Issue

    I love you!!! <3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •