Dolphin With Steam Overlay

MrJunky

I have added my Gamecube games to my steam library and got them to load up. But I cant get the overlay to work. I watched the video by Gamer3214x on How to add Dolphin Emulator to Steam with Overlay! on youtube and he said I need to use OpenGL. And I can get the overlay with steam by using OpenGL but it crashes when I start the game after the menus. (For Example I Load Mario Kart Double Dash and the menu works but when I start a race Dolphin Crashes). I am using Dolphin 3.5 since I also have a DolphinBar for my Wiimote and Wii games and I cannot get the DolphinBar to work on newer versions of Dolphin. Is there a way to get OpenGL to work on my games or another way to get the Steam Overlay into Dolphin?

EDIT

I triied the latest version 4.0.2 64 bit which I download from this website and now when I play Double Dash in Open GL it crashes when I launch the game unlike in 3.5 it crashed once I started the race and left the main menu.

Last edited:

DolphinUser

I am using Dolphin 3.5 since I also have a DolphinBar for my Wiimote and Wii games and I cannot get the DolphinBar to work on newer versions of Dolphin.

Try using a recent development version of Dolphin or 5.0-rc. They should both work fine with the DolphinBar.

MrJunky

It works. I can get steam Overlay and use my DolphinBar. But I have trouble with the DolphinBar Wiimote connecting now and them. Im having better luck than I did with 4.0.2 which my Wiimote never connected to.

Is 5.0-rc a stable version? Or a pre-release stable version.

Last edited: