ePSXe 1.9.0 Launching ISO Problem

MrJunky

It seems the first time I launch ePSXe once I turn my PC on and run a iso it will try to go full screen but still show my desktop and mess up my desktop resolution by setting it to my resolution in ePSXe. But when I exit ePSXe sometimes the music is still running in the backround and wont stop unless I launch ePSXe and run another game or shut my PC down.

1-Is there a way to play ePSXe in 1920x1080 or am I stuck at 1366x768. When i try to play in 1920x1080 I get a bad overscan
2-If I cant play ePSXe in 1920x1080 is there a way when I launch a iso it will always go fullscreen and not mess up my desktop resolution.
3-When I exit a game how do I fix it so it will completely exit my game and not have background game sound?

I am running Windows 8.1 if that helps.

spotanjo3

It seems the first time I launch ePSXe once I turn my PC on and run a iso it will try to go full screen but still show my desktop and mess up my desktop resolution by setting it to my resolution in ePSXe. But when I exit ePSXe sometimes the music is still running in the backround and wont stop unless I launch ePSXe and run another game or shut my PC down.

1-Is there a way to play ePSXe in 1920x1080 or am I stuck at 1366x768. When i try to play in 1920x1080 I get a bad overscan
2-If I cant play ePSXe in 1920x1080 is there a way when I launch a iso it will always go fullscreen and not mess up my desktop resolution.
3-When I exit a game how do I fix it so it will completely exit my game and not have background game sound?

I am running Windows 8.1 if that helps.

Hello. What is your monitor resolution ? Since you said you are in 1366x768 then its 720p.. Not 1080p.

FonzTech

This happens because the ePSXe process is still running. For example, this happens if you press ALT + F4 while playing a game. It will close the window, but not the process which runs the game. Press ESC first, then go File -> Close (or Exit, I don't remember exactly)

MrJunky

My monitor resolution is 1920x1080 but when I set it to 1920x1080 I get a overscan. When I play it in 1366x768 fullscreen theres no overscan and same with 1280x720. I didn't know that you needed to go FIle->Exit to end the process but thats good to know! I wish it was better patched up. I even downloaded the 1.9.25 version and I still get the overscan on high resolutions and ending the process hasnt changed.